Sunday, July 11, 2010

The long road to a new me...Day 3

I finally put my foot down last week and decided to start losing some weight, if not inches.

The reason, sadly, isn't because I'm considered morbidly obese...unfortunately, I have become comfortable with myself.  Not happy, but comfortable.  I know my hubby loves me for me, not the weight I have on me.  The reason isn't because every picture I look at, I am reminded of how skinny I once was...I don't really care to be that small again, I was just a bag of bones.  The reason isn't because I can't keep up with my kids...most of the time I can and am very active with them.  The reason I want to lose the weight (and inches!) isn't because it seems to get harder to find cute clothes to fit me when I do have a chance to go shopping...My size has plateaued...I have been the same size for a couple years (clothing-wise), they just don't have a huge abundance of the ones that I can afford.

The reason I want to lose the weight?  I work in a shoe store.  I get tired of the customers coming in and I can't give them an opinion on most of the shoes because I don't wear a regular size 9 shoe anymore...nope, I wear a size 10....wide.  Now, most people are under false pretenses that all shoes come in regular or wide.  They don't.  And even some of the ones marked "wide" aren't wide enough for my feet. I have one pair of shoes that I buy over and over to wear every day of the year to work in.  We have a dress code and it's the only thing that fits right, is dressy enough and comfortable enough for 8-10 hr shifts.  Unfortunately, it's considered a sandal, so it's only sold between March and July-ish.  So, if they don't last very long (which they don't since I wear them every day that I work) I have to try and remember to stock up to last me through the winter! LOL

So, for my records, Day 1 included a walk around our "short circle" in the park, 4 times and the "big circle" once.  It was 10:00 at night and our friends were there with all the kids to let them get some energy out and to celebrate a birthday.

Day 2 was last night and it included 4 big circles in the park.  That was a good walk.

Day 3 (today) and we went on a bike ride.  We started at home, off Redwood Ave. and Dowell Rd. and rode up Dowell to Redwood Hwy, to Allen Creek Rd, to Harbeck Rd, to Williams Hwy.  We made it to Allen Dale Elementary when Nick made me turn back.  It was 94 degrees and I was feeling really sick to my stomach.  The ride home seemed like a breeze.

I WILL do this.  I will.

We are going grocery shopping in a few and I am going to buy a tape measure and start recording measurements on here just so I can see the progress!  I'm so excited!  Even more excited that my hubby is so excited to do this with me!




 

0 comments: