Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Random thoughts

My poor son is a flea magnet. The cats have fleas and we can't seem to get them under control cause they are indoor/outdoor cats. We can't bomb the house cause God forbid my in laws leave the house long enough for us to be able to, so we either treat the cats as much as we can and use spray on the bedding and floors as much as possible, or we (being Elijah) suffer. He has at least one new bite every day, he scratches himself bloody from the itching and I just can't keep stuff on him that helps him. Giving him Benadryl every day isn't feasible, so I guess when my in laws go out of town on the 1st for a couple weeks, we will be bombing the house. I hope they get under control cause he is the ONLY one who is getting bitten. They don't touch the rest of us!

I'm pretty sure I totally bombed my phone interview with Enterprise Rent A Car's call center today. Hopefully they understand that I was just nervous. I will be contacted by email or phone within 5-7 days to tell me how good or bad it went. If I got the job, I would be required to work Saturday and Sunday, 40 hours a week and my shifts would be from 12 or 12:30 in the afternoon until 9 or 9:30 at night. But, there is the potential to work from home at some point if you do a good job and they like you enough. That would make my day, since we would be living 30 minutes away from work. I should have gone for the part time position, but Nick will be unemployed for the summer if I do get this, so we could use the money.

I'm about ready to go crawl back into bed. Today is "one of those days". I just woke up and don't want to be up and about. Depression is a horrible thing. I know I need medication, but I don't know how we are going to afford it and then I have to convince Nick that I do, in fact, need it. He doesn't think I do, but that's because he is really the only one who can make me feel better. I count the minutes until he comes home so that I can have adult interaction and a should to cry on or snuggle up to if I need it. He is my rock but unfortunately, he can't be around me 24/7.

I'm tired of the Old Navy bathing suit commercials. They are on every commercial break and getting very annoying.

0 comments: