Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Meep.

So, real exciting, but I went to the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor today. Twice, really. I drug my butt out of bed to get dressed (I usually drop the kids off at school in my pj's), brushed my mop of a do, got the babe dressed and left the house. Dropped them at school to come back home for a few. My appointment was at 9. Or so I thought. I got allllllllllllllll the way up town and they tell me, "Uh, you're appointment isn't until 3:30 with an arrival time of 3:00." My jaw dropped to the floor and I left. I was really upset, but I guess I just wrote it down wrong. My truck was on "E" and I had $4 to my name so to drive all the way back up town was out of the question. I called Nick to complain to him, but to no avail. Talking to him didn't magically give me more money, he just comforted me.

I stopped by Lithia Dodge cause I have a friend from high school who works there. (I found an interesting fact out about said friend. He named his first daughter after me, which I knew about, and today, he found out we have the same birthday. How crazy is that?!?!) So, I wanted to talk to him about my options of getting rid of my truck for something...cheaper...as a friend, not a car salesman. So, long story short, it's not happening. There is nothing HE can do with how much is owed on my truck and the credit I/we have. Sweet. I can't afford the payments either, so, I have no idea what is going to happen.

Anyhow, I went by a friend's house that I haven't seen in quite some time and dropped off her A/C I borrowed last summer and visited for awhile. Brought Eli home for his nap and left for my doctor, again. Nick met me at the office cause it was good timing, and on the way home. I got there about 2:55, they called me back around 3:55. The doctor said the CTscan wasn't showing anything but a thickening in the sinus cavities. I told him I had severe pain and pressure on my left side. He numbed the left side with a spray, stuck the scope up there and told me he could see a polyp right off the bat. Maybe it formed after I had the CTscan 2 months ago? I don't know. In any case, he took a culture of my infection and gave me really strong anti-biotics for 2 freaking weeks, a nasal steroid and I have to "flush" my sinuses at least once a day, twice would be ideal. If this doesn't work, I have to have surgery. Again. My 4th one in 8 years. I don't want to have surgery again. My biggest fear with is going under anesthesia. With the previous surgeries, recovery was more painful and longer with each surgery. The last one took me a good 2 weeks to fully recover with the bleeding and the pain. How long will it be this time? And with a 2 year old running around, that should be great.

So, that's my news for today. I will let you know when it's certain. I go back in a month.

0 comments: